Friday, August 28, 2009

Twitter – the Public Private life of people…

Tooter and some of my misinformed friends call it this day has turned out to be a major global phenomenon. Initially I joined in to see what the fuss was all about, now that I am almost addicted to it, I still cant figure it out. Whats the fun in micro-bloging anyway. There is only so much that one can convey and more often than not its either WTF or a proverb copied from some website ( usually the first one u get on Google search). Be that as it way people flock to it like mosquitoes to sewage. May be its that people are getting a platform to vent out their frustration and hence come to know abt ppl who are even more frustrated then derive a sadistic pleasure out of it or may be it’s the sense of excitement that comes in making ur very private life public or reading abt somebody else’s private life and in the process satisfying the voyeur in you. In either case I don’t see any positive outcome from it. I still prefer the good-ol blogging culture where for writing one you really have to sit down storm your brain and then find words to match ur emotions and then pen it down. May be I am sounding too damn negative but that’s probably because of the cold from the previous blog hasn’t felt me but I have resolved to break the silence though.

1 comment:

Vineeta said...

I completely agree with you.. The sense of satisfaction one gets by pouring out their thoughts in a sane manner is incomparable with the meaningless tweets/scraps/wall posts..